7.23.2012

{foodie + life} weekend recap + ....

This weekend flew by & I would normally be sad about it, but I'm not cus it's a two day work week. {whoo hoo!} I have pretty much checked out for the rest of the week, I'm totally ready to get away. {A much needed vacation I might add!} Hopefully, it gives me the chance to just take my mind off of everything & just be able to reset.

But, first, the foodie weekend recap! Tender Greens just opened in UTC. That makes me a happy lady. Tells me this looks delicious, because it was. & you should totally try it. 
{salt + peeper chicken, Yukon mashed potatoes, + baby arugula salad}
On Friday evening went to dinner at Burlap again. I wasn't too thrilled about their food before, but since two of my cousins work there, they've told me their food has gotten much better. & it did! I'm sure they just learned what MSG is & started putting it in their food. {kidding} I was quite impressed + a $66 discount, why not! :)
{peter rabbit cocktail}
Definitely one of my faves even though it smells like cold pho, I know it sounds gross, but it's not, promise!
{shishito peppers}

{crispy rice with tuna or something rather + crabcakes}
{caramelized banana with peanut butter chocolate pudding + condensed milk cake with green tea ice cream}
I'm surprised I'm not a fatty with all the food I eat. I'm sure my metabolism will slow down soon. But, I'll worry about that when it happens.
Saturday, I got to spend some quality time with one of my favorite ladies. I love Carolyn to death, she's like a sister to me & I honestly don't know what I'd do without her, she listens to my shit constantly {I'm sure the record is beyond broken by now, but she still listens}, she lets me vent when I need to & just listens until I'm done, she's supportive {but she doesn't tell me what I want to hear, but tells me what she thinks I need to hear}, she talks shit with me {about ourselves & others} & we don't judge each other, which is what I love. But, anyway, we did some reflecting & talking just about life & things & some shit talking like we normally do & it really made me think about myself & where I am in life & who I am as a person & the people that have come & gone out of our lives. By no means do I consider myself perfect {I'm totally a work in progess, like all of us are}, but I am happy I am living my life how I want regardless of other people's opinions & try to stay true to myself & be the best person to myself & the people around me. I'm growing every day as a person, constantly learning something new about myself, what I capable of & what I can handle. I'm learning to let go of all the anger & resentment I have had built up for certain people, forgive them {because they sure need it more than I do} & not let it affect me negatively. Overall, regardless of what I have been going through, I can say I am quite happy & I really am blessed. There are certain hurdles I need to overcome & some healing I need to do, but that all comes in time...
Okay, enough of that shit, be jealous cus now I have look forward to is this!
San Francisco - here I come!!! Labor day weekend needs to come faster.
xoxo.
Christina.



No comments:

Post a Comment