6.03.2012

{foodie} watermelon salad

I was browsing pinterest last week & stumbled upon a watermelon salad recipe. It looked so refreshing & delicious I had to pin it. I have this addiction with pinterest {as I'm sure all of us do!}, but I pin & pin like crazy & pinning is really as far as it goes. I have yet to follow through with any of the things I pin {hah}. But, I could not get this salad out of my mind, so I HAD to make it. I made my way to the grocery store & bought all the ingredients. 

ingredients:
+ watermelon {i just bought the pre-packed kind cus I don't know how to cut a watermelon + I was just too lazy}
+ feta cheese
+ serrano chile
+ olive oil
+ shallots
+ lime
+ cilantro {the recipe calls for this,  but I completely forgot to buy it, always forget something}

& here's the finished product:
The presentation does not look so great, but I could not wait to try it so I just tossed it all together. {I promise, it tastes good though} It had a nice little kick to it with the serrano chile + the lime {oh man, it was so good!} A perfect summer snack. & the next time I make it, I will definitely make it look a little more appetizing. Try it. Promise you will love it. 

xoxo. 
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment